If you’ve ever attended a local writers’ group or conference, you’ve probably noticed that nonfiction authors are often an after-thought at these events. Writers events have traditionally catered primarily to fiction and children’s book authors. The reality is that the market is different for nonfiction. Our buyers are different, our marketing tactics are different, and oftentimes our goals are different.
Welcome to the Nonfiction Authors Association!
A community created for nonfiction authors by fellow nonfiction authors.
About Our Members
- Over 12,000 experienced and aspiring writers of business, self-development, health, memoir, history, finance, science, how-to and other nonfiction genres.
- The vast majority are professionals including business owners, corporate executives, doctors, attorneys, therapists, consultants and speakers.
- Some are self-published, some are traditionally published, and others are working on a first manuscript.
- The biggest reported frustration our members have is around book marketing. That’s why it’s a major focus in the educational content we provide.
- Most of our members want to make a difference in the world through their writing and their work (that’s why we call ourselves “trail-blazers”!).
“NFAA has proven a godsend for me in just a few weeks. The available resources have clarified many aspects of publishing of which I was hazy or unaware. And the conference looks superb!”
– Stephen M. Archer, author of Junius Brutus Booth: Theatrical Prometheus
How you can benefit from Authority membership:
- Become part of a community whose members have similar goals and a variety of experiences to share.
- Join in on our monthly publishing Q&A “Spark” calls to get your questions answered and learn from what others are going through.
- Participate in our online forum to ask and answer questions and learn about the industry from your peers.
- Receive weekly marketing “homework” (a prompt emailed to you to help you keep the marketing wheels in motion).
- Download reports, templates, checklists, worksheets and other content from our database, with new content added weekly.
- Participate in our twice-monthly educational teleseminars and access our database of recordings from past teleseminar events.
- Receive discounts from our partners including Office Depot, PR Newswire and ProfNet.
- Receive discounts off our annual Nonfiction Writers Conference and our year-round Nonfiction Book Awards program.
- Participate in local chapters (where available) across the U.S. and in Canada.
- Receive a member badge for your website and get featured in our member directory with a free profile.
“Writing is a solitary activity. NFAA provides a link to other writers and resources that continue to prove helpful. I just self-published my first book. And NFAA kept me focused with last year’s writers’ conference and the monthly teleseminars. Thank you for all the resource material. Thank you for the weekly homework. Thank you for being a guiding light and a reminder that we are each on our own journey, but we can share the ride!”
– Alicemarie O’Neill, Author of The Formula: Seven Steps for Healing from Depression and Manic Depression
Launched in May 2013, the Nonfiction Authors Association has grown rapidly and is meeting a need in the market. With over 12,000 members and growing daily, there has never been a better time to become an Authority member of NFAA!