The Nonfiction Authors Association is a supportive community for writers to connect, exchange ideas, and learn how to write, publish, promote, and profit with nonfiction books.
Since 2010, we have hosted the Nonfiction Writers Conference, a three-day event conducted entirely online (we were ahead of our time!). We also host a year-round Nonfiction Book Awards program, popular online courses, and offer a variety of benefits to members of our community. With a mission to help authors make a difference in the world, NFAA is the leading resource for nonfiction writers who want to learn how to navigate the publishing industry and sell more books.
=> Exclusive Author Advisor email sent every Friday with curated media leads, educational podcast recordings, and featured templates, checklists and reports from our massive database of member resources.
=> Author Brainstorm Exchange, monthly meetings held with Zoom breakout rooms where members and publishing pros connect and share ideas, challenges, and solutions.
=> Popular members-only Facebook group to connect with fellow members and industry pros.
=> Meet-the-Members program to share and interview and/or book announcement with our email list, blog, and social media community, plus get featured on NonfictionBookClub.com.
=> Group consulting calls held monthly, exclusively for VIP and Thought Leader members.
=> Discounts off the year-round Nonfiction Book Awards program and author toolkits, VIP and Thought Leader members get free access to the author toolkits. Thought Leaders get a free entry in the Nonfiction Book Awards.
=> Discounts off live and self-study courses, including the Book Publishing Master Course and Book Marketing Master Course, both with optional professional certification. Thought Leader members attend ALL courses for free.
=> Discount off the Nonfiction Writers Conference, a virtual event held entirely online since 2010. VIP and Thought Leader members attend for free.
=> Discounts with NFAA partners including Lulu, Office Depot, Findaway Voices, and more.
Ready to write, publish, and promote your nonfiction book? You don’t have to do it alone!
How can the Nonfiction Authors Association help you?
Click any image below to choose your own publishing adventure. (Nonfiction writers can have just as much fun as fiction writers, right?!)
You are an ideal member for the Nonfiction Authors Association if you…
- Are an experienced or aspiring nonfiction writer and feel you have more to learn about writing, publishing or promoting nonfiction books.
- Need help getting started with writing your nonfiction manuscript.
- Feel overwhelmed by the publishing industry and unsure what steps to take next.
- Want to learn new book marketing tactics that actually get results.
- Have a desire to make an impact on the world.
- Want to connect with fellow writers who have similar challenges and goals.
- Would like to figure out how to actually earn money from your efforts–perhaps even turn it into a career.
Nonfiction Writers: No matter where you are in your publishing journey, you will feel at home here!
The fact is that nonfiction authors have long been a neglected community. Most writers’ groups and writers’ conferences focus on fiction. But if you’re a nonfiction author, your needs are different. Your marketing tactics are different, your sales process is different, and your goals are probably different. Many nonfiction authors are also entrepreneurs, speakers, consultants, coaches, medical, financial and legal professionals, and service-based business owners. Writing and promoting a nonfiction book can be a phenomenal way to grow your business. The possibilities are truly endless and we can help you discover them!
You don’t have to do it alone. We can help you navigate your publishing journey. In addition to our vibrant community, our members have access to a tremendous amount of educational content. In fact, we don’t know of another trade association–of any kind–that provides its members with as much educational content as NFAA!
Attend the Next Nonfiction Writers Conference
We’ve hosted the Nonfiction Writers Conference entirely online since 2010!
Yes, we were ahead of the times, and this means we know how to deliver an effective event. Our conferences are multi-day events conducted each year in May. Depending on the registration level you choose, NFWC events include:
- Live webinar-style presentations, including Q&A with speakers
- Complimentary Ask-a-Pro sessions, one-on-one phone consultations with publishing industry pros
- Private Facebook group for attendees and speakers to connect
- LIVE Pitch-the-Agents session, attendees can apply to participate
- Recordings and transcripts available
- Bonus handouts and materials provided by most speakers
Find out for yourself why NFWC attendees return year after year!