Calling all authors, publishers, and publishing industry professionals.
welcome to the book marketing master course AND PROFESSIONAL certification program
Learn proven strategies to sell more books – for yourself or for your clients.
Now Available for Self-Study
Join us for a COMPREHENSIVE 6-WEEK ONLINE course
Whether you want to conduct an effective launch for your next book, boost sales of your current book, or help your clients sell more books, this course will help you:
- Identify your ideal target audience and determine how to reach them AND grow a long-term relationship with them.
- Grow your audience with a simple yet powerful process.
- Convert website visitors into engaged fans who want to buy your books and invest in related products and services.
- Use easy content marketing strategies to boost engagement and grow your audience.
- Build your social media following and identify manageable strategies that work for your unique goals.
- Become your own publicist and pitch traditional and online media outlets including radio, television, print publications, podcasts, and blogs.
- Take full advantage of promotion opportunities on Amazon including how to master Author Central, leverage Amazon ads, optimize your book sales page, choose keywords, leverage categories, add A+ content, and more.
- Launch your book using proven methods that boost sales.
- Establish influence in your field and keep the marketing momentum going.
THE BOOK MARKETING MASTER COURSE WILL TRANSFORM YOU INTO A MARKETING PRO
Course instructor Stephanie Chandler, founder of the Nonfiction Authors Association and Writers Conference, delivers previously recorded each course module with a live group of students. As a self-study student, you can begin watching the modules immediately upon completion of registration.
COMPANION WORKBOOK, COURSE HANDOUTS, and private group
All students receive a 200+ page workbook mailed to you. (Mailed to US students only. International students receive a digital edition.) Additional handouts and bonus content are made available throughout the course. Students are also invited to participate in an attendees-only Facebook group.
optional certification program
The certification is an add-on option and is ideal for marketing consultants, virtual assistants, marketing staff members at publishing houses, authors’ assistants, and other publishing industry professionals.
meet your course instructor
Stephanie Chandler has a reputation for delivering content-rich workshops, presentations, and events. In addition to being founder and CEO of the Nonfiction Authors Association and Writers Conference, she has authored several traditionally-published AND self-published books, has been a book publisher since 2008, and she’s a former owner of a brick-and-mortar bookstore. More importantly, she has walked in your shoes.
Through her own author career, Stephanie has received numerous awards, spoken at hundreds of events, earned six-figure corporate sponsorships as a recognized expert in her field, and has appeared in various media outlets including CBS MarketWatch, Entrepreneur, Wired magazine, Washington Post, New York Times, and more.
Stephanie started from square one, just like you. There was no magic fairy dust, no celebrities to help grow her career, and no lucky breaks. She has never been on a reality show and doesn’t have any celebrity friends!
Stephanie has done the work, step by step, and learned by trial and error. She will show you how to avoid the many mistakes new authors make and help you craft an actionable plan that gets results.
READY TO BECOME A CERTIFIED BOOK MARKETING PROFESSIONAL?
Certification is an OPTIONAL ADD-ON to the Book Marketing Master Course.
If you’re a publishing consultant, virtual assistant, authors’ assistant, book marketing professional, or you want to build a career in one of these fields, this certification program is for you.
Participants take an online quiz following each course module. Once you pass all quizzes with a score of 80% or higher, you will receive the following:
- A one-year listing in our online directory of Certified Book Marketing Professionals OR our directory of Virtual Assistants for Authors, which is promoted to our community year-round. We anticipate your listing will generate more than enough business opportunities to justify the cost of this program. ($297 value for listing)
- Written interview with you featured in our blog and shared across our social media networks, highlighting the services you offer.
- Frame-worthy gold foil-accented certificate mailed to you.
- Exclusive Certified Book Marketing Professional logo, a digital asset you can post on your website and in related marketing collateral. This endorsement from the Nonfiction Authors Association is meant to set a standard in our industry, making you a founding member of this program.
- Professionally-designed graphic featuring you as a certified pro and shared across the NFAA social media channels. You will receive a copy too!
- Access to an exclusive database of content available only to graduates of this program, including digital templates you can customize with your own logo and use with your clients.
- Invitation to join our private Facebook group available only to Certified Book Marketing Professionals, providing ongoing support for your business journey.
- A special business toolkit to help you start or grow your based business, which you can access immediately with registration.
Yes, we’ve PACKED this certification program with value! We want to be sure you leave the program ready to grow your business and help authors expand their businesses, too.
Certification Program Q&A
How long is certification valid? Certification is valid for three years. You can re-take the course and re-certify at a special discounted rate.
Can I renew my website listing in the directory after the one-year term? Yes, directory listings can be renewed for just $297 per year.
What kinds of opportunities can I expect from my directory listing? Our existing Recommended Resources page is one of the most popular pages on this website. We anticipate all certified professionals will receive client inquiries from our site throughout the year, and though we cannot guarantee results, we generate tremendous website traffic to this directory.
Is this an in-demand career? YES! Book marketing is one of the greatest challenges for authors and many want to hire help with creating and implementing their marketing plans. This certification program was inspired by the countless inquiries we receive each week asking for referrals to book marketing consultants, service providers, and authors’ assistants. We want to ensure the professionals we recommend deliver consistent value and that we help set standards for book marketing services offered within the publishing industry.
What happens if I am unable to pass the quizzes? The quizzes are self-paced and open-book so we expect all students will be able to pass. You can re-take all of the quizzes as many times as needed.
Students who successfully complete the certification program can use this badge on your website and in your marketing collateral. > > >
“I just wanted to let you know that I gained my first client through my posting on your website [a benefit of completed certification]. Not only is it a lucrative project, but it is the type of content I absolutely love to work with. Cheers to supporting awesome creative endeavors!
“Just a quick follow-up nearly a year later to let you know that my clients are delighted with my book marketing services based on the NFAA Book Marketing Certification. I’m receiving fantastic feedback. Well worth it!”
“As a member of the NFAA, I’ve been able to grow my marketing knowledge with the resources shared weekly through the blogs, courses and podcast recordings. When the Book Marketing Certification course was launched, it was a no brainer to sign up because I know Stephanie ALWAYS gives value in all her courses. Taking the course has definitely helped with my confidence as a book marketer as my knowledge and exposure has grown. This is a great course and Stephanie is so helpful even after you’re finish you can ask her anything and she’s always ready to make suggestions. Definitely one of my best investments. ”
About the Nonfiction Authors Association
Optional: Join nfaa when you enroll in the course!
The Nonfiction Authors Association is a vibrant community for experienced and aspiring writers to connect, exchange ideas, and learn how to write, publish, promote, and profit with nonfiction books.
NFAA helps writers reduce the overwhelm that comes with the publishing industry while learning to navigate the many options successfully. We aim to help you sell more books, reach more readers, and become more profitable.
Authority Membership Benefits:
Exclusive Author Advisor email sent every Friday with curated media leads, educational podcast recordings, and featured templates, checklists and reports from our massive database of member resources.
Author Brainstorm Exchange, monthly meetings held with Zoom breakout rooms where members and publishing pros connect and share ideas, challenges, and solutions.
Popular members-only Facebook group to connect with fellow members and industry pros.
Meet-the-Members program to share and interview and/or book announcement with our email list, blog, and social media community, plus get featured on NonfictionBookClub.com.
Discounts off the year-round Nonfiction Book Awards program and author toolkits,
Discounts off live and self-study courses, including the Book Publishing Master Course and Book Marketing Master Course, both with optional professional certification.
Discount off the Nonfiction Writers Conference, a virtual held entirely online since 2010.
Discounts with NFAA partners including Lulu, IngramSpark, Office Depot, Findaway Voices, and more.
Mini welcome kit mailed to U.S. members with an annual membership (international members receive a digital bonus gift).
ANNUAL AUTHORITY MEMBERSHIP RATE: $390
VIP Membership Benefits:
VIP membership includes all benefits of Authority membership plus:
FREE Platinum admission to the Nonfiction Writers Conference (online event), including all recordings and transcripts.
Monthly group consulting meeting on Zoom.
All Author Toolkits, available for immediate download.
The Nonfiction Writers Conference greatest hits.
Welcome kit mailed to U.S. members (international members receive a digital bonus gift).
Total added value: $1,600+
ANNUAL VIP MEMBERSHIP RATE: $790
I just wanted to tell you how much I value all that you are doing with NFAA. It is one of the best investments in a membership I have ever made. I have been listening to your webinars and taking copious notes during them. One of my favorites was Revenue Stream for Authors. I am using it as a checklist for the many ways I can promote my book. It helps keep me focused. Being a first-time author was daunting enough. I didn’t realize how much time and effort it takes to promote a self-published book. NFAA has given me the tools for structuring that process. I would recommend NFAA to both the novice and seasoned author. ”
THOUGHT LEADER Membership Benefits:
Thought Leader membership includes all benefits of VIP membership plus:
Immediate access to the Book Publishing and Book Marketing Master Courses (self-study version) and attendance in live version.
All-access pass to attend ALL live courses.
Free entry in the Nonfiction Book Awards.
Expanded welcome kit mailed to U.S. members (international members receive a digital bonus gift).
Total added value: $6,400+
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP RATE: $2,490
The Book Marketing Master Course is NOW AVAILABLE FOR SELF-STUDY.
Recordings for self-study were produced during a live course session in March 2023. The course will return live in early 2024.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THE BOOK MARKETING MASTER COURSE?
This course is ideal for:
- Nonfiction authors, new or experienced
- Marketing staff
- Virtual assistants and authors’ assistants
- Book coaches
- Publishing industry professionals
- Fiction authors will find value here too, though materials are crafted for nonfiction
WHO SHOULD PURSUE CERTIFICATION?
The Book Marketing Professional Certification is ideal for:
- Marketing staff for book publishers, publicity firms, etc.
- Virtual assistants and authors’ assistants
- Book coaches
- Publishing industry professionals
- Anyone wanting to enter the above fields
- Authors are welcome to participate in certification as well (Expand your own service offerings!)
Whether you want to learn how to better promote your own books or you want to obtain skills to apply in your business working with authors, this course is jam packed with educational value that will transform you from a novice to an expert. You can take the course on its own, or take the course and add the certification program to expand your skills and get featured in our services provider directory.
Feedback from PREVIOUS STUDENTS
“Thank you for a comprehensive path to understanding book marketing! I like that all of our marketing options are grouped into six parts to help organize a plan of opportunities and challenges related to each marketing option. Most of all, I’m thankful for the confidence that results from the course. There’s still a lot of work to do — book marketing is not a one-size-fits-all plan of action — but now I know I am equipped with the very best practices.“
“The course was a treasure trove of information that could be immediately applied to my business as a book strategist and authorship coach. The investment in the program was worth every penny of the cost.”
“Once it was explained to me that no, my book was not actually going to sell itself, I knew I needed a solid marketing plan. Stephanie delivered; there were so many great things about this course. Numerous marketing options were presented to the class, many of which I had been completely unfamiliar with. I liked how we were encouraged to pick and choose those strategies that resonated best with us. Stephanie is well versed in her craft, and I felt confident in her instruction. She respected students’ time and kept a good pace. The best part of the course was her encouraging participants to ask questions before, during and after class, as well as within our Facebook group. I highly recommend this course to any aspiring non-fiction author!”
“Thank you, Stephanie for your excellent training on how to launch a book. I followed your advice on launching a self-published book and sold the first shipment prior to its arrival! I was also picked up by Walmart, Target and Barnes and Noble online. My sales on Amazon are picking up speed. The classes on niche, title choice, key words and serving the needs of the reader are GOLD! Thank you!”
“Thank you again for the Author Marketing Course. I thoroughly enjoyed it and took a ton of notes. I was relieved to learn I’m doing many of your suggestions and plan on implementing the ones I am not. Your course is a must have for the newbie or seasoned author.”
“Stephanie, As I said early on, you are amazing. You have a terrific knowledge base on so many subjects. Your course provides an excellent roadmap for running the publishing marathon. So many people told me that the hardest part of being an author was the marketing but I never fully appreciated it until now. You have saved me countless hours of research into the various processes and I know in the end these things will result in significant sales!”
TAKE YOUR AUTHOR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Satisfaction is always 100% guaranteed.
If for any reason this course isn’t for you, notify us within the first week of purchase and receive a full refund.
book marketing master course recap
SELF-STUDY PROGRAM – BEGIN IMMEDIATELY!
Course recordings were created during a live training in March 2023, and this course is only delivered live once each year. If you prefer to join us live, check back in early 2024.
COURSE REGISTRATION INCLUDES
- Access to six weeks of live training sessions on Zoom, averaging 90 minutes each
- Invitation to join private Facebook group
- Bonus workbook MAILED to you
- Bonus materials including worksheets, homework assignments, handouts, slides, and more available throughout the course
- Option to join the Nonfiction Authors Association and attend the Nonfiction Writers Conference (online event)
CERTIFICATION REGISTRATION INCLUDES
- All course benefits
- Quizzes for each module
- One-year listing in our directory of Certified Book Marketing Professionals or Virtual Assistants for Authors (must pass all six quizzes with score of 80% or higher)
- Gold foil certificate mailed to US participants upon completion
- Logo featuring professional designation for use on your website and in marketing collateral
- Social media image that NFAA shares to our audience and you can share with yours
- Customizable templates you can use for your own clients
- Invitation to private Facebook group available only to certified professionals
As soon as you register, you will receive immediate access to the following:
- Six course recordings, averaging 75 minutes each
- Digital copy of the workbook
- Workbook exercises in PDF and Word formats to use individually
- More than a dozen bonus downloads, including templates, worksheets, and reports
- Weekly homework assignments (in case you’re an over-achiever!)
3-PAY OPTIONS AVAILABLE IN CART
Authority and VIP Members: Visit your member discount page for 33% savings code.
Thought Leader Members attend for free. Contact us to request enrollment.
Not a member yet? You can join with registration below and receive the discounted member rate for the course!
WITH OR WITHOUT MEMBERSHIP
SCROLL DOWN FOR CERTIFICATION OPTIONS FOR PUBLISHING PROFESSIONALS
BOOK MARKETING MASTER COURSE ONLY
COURSE + AUTHORITY MEMBERSHIP
VIP MEMBERSHIP$1,250 OR $445 X 3 PAY
THOUGHT LEADER MEMBERSHIP WITH ALL-ACCESS COURSE PASS
THOUGHT LDR MEMBER$2,490OR $655 X 4 PAY
COURSE CERTIFICATION FOR PROFESSIONALS
WITH OR WITHOUT MEMBERSHIP
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION$1,497 OR $525 x 3 PAY
COURSE + CERTIFICATION + AUTHORITY MEMBERSHIP
GREAT DEAL FOR NEW MEMBERS WHO WANT TO JOIN.
COURSE + CERTIFICATION + VIP MEMBERSHIP
VIP MEMBERSHIP$1,790 OR $635 x 3 PAY
COURSE + CERT +
THOUGHT LEADER MEMBERSHIP WITH ALL-ACCESS COURSE PASS
THOUGHT LEADER MEMBERSHIP$2,490 OR $655 x 4 PAY
Don’t like to pay online?
Need help with a payment plan?
Please note that we do not guarantee any outcome or financial benefit for participants. Results will vary and depend in part on the effort you put into participating in the course and then implementing your marketing plans. Course benefits, dates, and times are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. As a reminder, you can cancel and request a full refund for any reason within the first two weeks of the course. We look forward to having you join us. Questions? Contact us here.
If you have questions about the event or prefer not to register online, please send us an email.
Become a Member
Learn more about membership in the Nonfiction Authors Association.