The Nonfiction Authors Association is proud to offer two comprehensive courses for authors and publishing industry professionals:
Why Become a Certified Book Publishing or Marketing Professional?
The publishing industry has not previously had any defined standards for book publishing processes or book marketing procedures, so the Nonfiction Authors Association has developed these comprehensive programs with a mission to create consistent practices for nonfiction authors and the professionals who serve them. We are thrilled to bring you these comprehensive 6-week training programs, delivered just two times per year.
If you’re a publishing consultant, virtual assistant, authors’ assistant, book marketing professional, or you want to build a career in one of these fields, these certification programs are for you.
How to Get Certified as a Book Publishing or Book Marketing Professional
Certification begins with enrollment in either the Book Marketing Master Course or Book Publishing Master Course with the added certification program. Following each live course module, you can take an online quiz. Once you pass all six quizzes with a score of 80% or higher, you will receive the following:
- A one-year listing in our online directory of Book Marketing Consultants OR our directory of Virtual Assistants for Authors, which are promoted to our community year-round. We expect your listing will generate more than enough business opportunities to justify the cost of this program.
- Written interview with you featured in our blog and shared across our social media networks, highlighting the services you offer.
- Frame-worthy gold foil-accented certificate mailed to you.
- Exclusive Certified Book Marketing Professional logo, a digital asset you can post on your website and in related marketing collateral. This endorsement from the Nonfiction Authors Association is meant to set a standard in our industry, making you a founding member of this program.
- Professionally-designed graphic featuring you as a certified pro and shared across the NFAA social media channels. You will receive a copy too!
- Access to an exclusive database of content available only to graduates of this program, including digital templates you can customize with your own logo and use with your clients.
- Invitation to join our private Facebook group available only to Certified Book Marketing Professionals, providing ongoing support for your business journey.
- A special business toolkit to help you start or grow your based business, which you can access immediately with registration.
Yes, we’ve PACKED these certification programs with value! We want to be sure you leave the program ready to grow your business and help authors expand their businesses, too.
Meet The FIRST EVER Certified Book Marketing Professionals – Class of 2021
Ready to become a certified professional? Or simply take one of our courses?
Learn about course registration options:
Questions? Contact us anytime.
Certification Program Q&A
How long is certification valid? Certification is valid for three years. You can re-take the course and re-certify at a special discounted rate.
Can I renew my website listing in the directory after the one-year term? Yes, directory listings can be renewed for just $297 per year.
What kinds of opportunities can I expect from my directory listing? Our existing Recommended Resources page is one of the most popular pages on this website. We expect all certified professionals will receive client inquiries from our site throughout the year, and though we cannot guarantee results, we are confident we will generate tremendous website traffic to this directory.
Is this an in-demand career? YES! Book marketing is one of the greatest challenges for authors and many want to hire help with creating and implementing their marketing plans. This certification program was inspired by the countless inquiries we receive each week asking for referrals to book marketing consultants, service providers, and authors’ assistants. We want to ensure the professionals we recommend deliver consistent value and that we help set standards for book marketing services offered within the publishing industry.
What happens if I am unable to pass the quizzes? The quizzes are self-paced and open-book so we expect all students will be able to pass. You can re-take all of the quizzes as many times as needed.