Calling all nonfiction authors, editors, designers, publicists, social media managers, and publishing industry professionals.
WELCOME TO THE BOOK PUBLISHING MASTER COURSE AND OPTIONAL PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
AUTHORS: Learn how to publish your own books.
BOOK PROFESSIONALS: Grow your author services or consulting business by learning how to help your clients publish.
LIVE COURSE RETURNS MARCH 7, 2023
JOIN US FOR GAME-CHANGING ONLINE TRAINING
Whether you want to publish your own books or help clients through the publishing process for their books, this self-study course will help you:
- Understand the paths to publishing: Self-publish on your own, hire a hybrid publisher, work with a small press, use a distribution partner, or get a literary agent and land a traditional book deal.
- Understand and create realistic book production and launch timelines that make time for editing, cover and interior design, getting book reviews, and pre-launch activities.
- Publish professionally with industry standard book cover and interior design, front and back matter, headers and footers, table of contents, and indices for both print and ebooks.
- Set up an official publishing business with an LLC and publisher name, a business plan, and a sales and distribution strategy.
- Avoid legal headaches by learning general guidelines about fair use vs. copyrighted materials, quotes and song lyrics, taxes and permits, trademarks, scams, pen names, libel, slander, and contracts.
- Register your book: ISBN (Industry Standard Book Number), LCCN (Library of Congress Control Number), PCN (Pre-assigned Control Number), CIP (Cataloging in Publication) Block, and copyright registration with your government office.
- Create PDF and EPUB formats (ebooks) with book creation tools or hire professional book designers. Offer Advance Review Copies (ARCs) to early readers and then upload to stores and distributors.
- Find and work with critique partners, peer reviewers, and beta readers to prove your book’s value, get a head start on editing, and make them a part of your book marketing street team.
- Learn best practices for metadata to title, describe, and price your book in-line with compatible and competitive books in the same genre.
- Learn how to market your book with a keyword rich author bio, the right BISAC codes and Amazon categories and keywords.
- Choose how to get your book into online and bricks-and-mortar stores with Ingram, Draft2Digital, PublishDrive, or by uploading your book directly to Amazon, Kobo, Apple, and other stores.
- Effectively hire contractors and virtual assistants for jobs like cover design, interior book design, your website, social media marketing, book marketing, and administrative tasks.
- Produce professional books that meet publishing industry standards.