The Nonfiction Authors Association is excited to bring you a live online course with literary agent Jennifer Chen Tran.
Dates: Thursdays, June 11, 18, and 25, 2020
Time: 10am PDT / 1pm EDT
Duration: Each session lasts 60 minutes and includes live Q&A with the instructor
Location: Your home or office–this event is virtual and will be delivered by live Zoom webinar
Write a Book Proposal that Sells – Course Overview
Learn how to write a stellar non-fiction book proposal from scratch with Jennifer Chen Tran, a literary agent at Bradford Literary. In this three-week course, you will learn about the structure of a book-proposal and how to effectively craft the different sections of a book proposal, including the markets or audience section, competitive titles, platform, promotion and marketing, and other important considerations. Jennifer will share a variety of examples from proposals she has successfully sold to highlight the critical components of a persuasive proposal. She will also take questions at the end of each one-hour session.
Get Feedback on Your Book Proposal!
In addition to the live course sessions, all enrolled students are eligible to receive a personal critique of your book proposal. Jennifer will personally evaluate your draft book proposal and will give you specific, page-by-page, actionable suggestions describing how to improve your proposal so that you can ultimately capture the attention of an editor or agent. The proposal review is worth the course cost alone!
Please note your proposal must be submitted to Jennifer by email no later than July 9, 2020. Proposal evaluations are typically completed within ten business days of receipt.
Course Rate, non-member: $250
Member Rate, Authority & VIP: $167.50 (Visit your member discount page for 33% off discount code.)
Are you a member yet?
The Nonfiction Authors Association, a vibrant and content-rich educational community for experienced and aspiring writers to connect, exchange ideas, and learn about writing, publishing, promoting and monetizing nonfiction books. With over 14,000 members around the globe, NFAA helps writers de-mystify the publishing industry, sell more books and generate profits. Membership options are available with course registration.
Authority Membership Benefits:
- Media Leads for Authors: A round-up of podcasts, blogs, and other media outlets seeking guest contributors, delivered to your inbox every Friday
- Weekly Educational Teleseminars: Featuring industry pros, plus event recordings archived for one year
- Exclusive Content: Templates, checklists, worksheets, and other content released weekly
- Private Community: Access to our active members-only Facebook group
- Marketing Homework: Quick tips sent via email every Monday
- Meet the Members Program: Share your book announcements with our entire mailing list, plus get featured on our blog and social media networks reaching 100k+
- Chapter Meetings: Complimentary admission to any NFAA local chapter meeting across the U.S. and U.K.
- Partner Discounts: IngramSpark, Lulu, Findaway Voices, Office Depot, PR Newswire, ProfNet, Foreword Reviews, and more
- Member Discounts: Save on the Nonfiction Book Awards, Nonfiction Writers Conference events, online courses and our exclusive Author Toolkits
Annual Authority Membership Rate: $290
VIP Membership Benefits:
VIP membership is our “all-you-can eat” plan with FREE access to our premium content including Platinum access to the Nonfiction Writers Conference events twice yearly, including all recordings and transcripts, free access to the Ultimate Author Marketing Course, Ultimate Author Toolkits and the Nonfiction Writers Conference Greatest Hits.
Total added value: $1,649!
Annual VIP Membership Rate: $690
Early Bird Registration Bonus
Register before May 29, 2020 and receive a 14-page report: How to Land a Traditional Book Deal.
This comprehensive report describes how to:
- Take the necessary steps to pursue a traditional publishing contract
- Locate and contact literary agents
- Locate and contact publishers directly
- Identify elements of a book proposal
- Understand essential terms in publishing contracts
This powerful report will be a valued resource as you navigate your publishing journey.
Register now and download the report immediately!
If you’re ready to pursue a traditional book deal and want to ensure your book proposal captures the interest of agents and editors, this course is for you!
BOOK PROPOSAL COURSE + PROPOSAL EVALUATION
BOOK PROPOSAL COURSE +
BOOK PROPOSAL COURSE +
Questions or prefer not to register online? Please contact us.