When preparing to launch your book in the world, you can use all the help you can get to spread the word. Following is a simple email template you can modify to announce your new book to those you are close to and invite them to help support you.
Greetings to my family and friends,
I wanted to let you know that my book, <title>, will be released on <date> and I would greatly appreciate your support in helping to spread the news! Here is a quick overview of the book:
<insert a one-paragraph description>
Here are some ways you can support the book launch:
- Purchase one or more copies here: <link to Amazon or your website>.
- Write a review on Amazon, Goodreads, Barnes and Noble and/or Audible. (Include links to your book page on each of these sites.)
- Think of at least three people who would benefit from this book and let them know about it.
- Share news about the book via your social media networks. I have included sample tweets and messages below to make it easy for you!
- Introduce me to people you know who could book me as a speaker. I specialize in the following topics: <list topics here>.
I sincerely appreciate your support in helping me get this book launched with some great momentum. Let me know if you have any questions or ideas for me.
P.S. Here are some sample tweets and social media copy you can use:
Excellent new book: <title>. Grab your copy here: <link>
I love this new book by my friend <author name>, grab a copy of <title> here: <link>
I received an advanced copy of <title> and it is a fantastic book about <brief description>. I highly recommend you get a copy, too! <link>
Looking for a great read? I highly recommend <title> by <author name>, which covers <brief description>. Order here: <link>
If you like this blog post, you’ll love our Advanced Book Marketing and Launch Strategies Course! Learn more about our courses for authors here.