In case you’re not familiar with the option, “Search Inside This Book” allows an Amazon browser to click on a digital image of a book to view certain pages within.
This feature also improves the search functionality for your book across Amazon, making your book appear for searches with phrases from the interior text. Viewers cannot copy or print pages from your book, making it a secure and powerful option for marketing your book on Amazon.
Authors used to have to mail in physical copies of their books for this feature, but that’s not the case any longer. All you need today is a digital copy of your book’s interior in PDF format.
Here are the steps:
1. Display your book’s page on Amazon.
2. Under the image for your book, click on the link that reads: “Publisher: Learn how customers can search inside this book.”
3. Provided you own the rights to your book (you are a self-published author), then you can submit your book for inclusion. Click on “Sign Up Now.”
4. You will need to review and accept the terms of the participation agreement and provide your basic contact information.
5. After submitting your information, you will receive further instructions. You will need to send an e-mail to Amazon requesting login information for a digital account where you can upload your file.
This whole process works quickly and should be integrated on your book’s sales page in a matter of days. Voila!