Are you ready to take your author business to the next level?
The Nonfiction Authors Association helps authors build thriving careers. Join us and you will enjoy many benefits:
Exclusive Author Advisor email sent every Friday with cultivated media leads and educational podcast recordings, plus featured templates, checklists and reports from our members-only archives.
- Popular weekly interviews with industry experts covering a wide variety of topics. All can listen to the live events on Wednesdays at 10am PST / 1pm EST. Authority and VIP members can download event recordings.
- Meet the Members Program allows members to share a book announcement up to two times per year. These are featured in our monthly Meet the Members email to ALL of our subscribers. Members can also contribute an interview for our blog, which is also shared across our social media networks, reaching over 100k followers.
- Private members-only Facebook group — the hub for our supportive community. You can ask and answer questions, get to know other members, and feel supported. You don’t have to do this alone!
- Discounts off our Nonfiction Writers Conference events. Authority members save 50% and VIP members attend our conferences for free. Our events are conducted twice yearly (May and November) and delivered online so no travel is required!
- Save 33% off our year-round Nonfiction Book Awards Program and our online courses.
- *Partner discounts with Lulu.com, Office Depot, IngramSpark, Findaway Voices, and more.
*Our partner discounts alone can cover your cost of membership and beyond.
Three Membership Options to Choose From:
We can help you reach your goals.
Become a member of our supportive tribe.
Listing in NFAA
Listing in NFAA
Have questions or prefer not to register online?
We can process your registration or renewal manually. Send us an email.
Gift and Group Membership Options
Yearly Members Receive Our Bonus Welcome Kit
*Register for the Authority Yearly or VIP membership and we will mail you a welcome kit that includes the following:
- A high-quality canvas tote bag to carry to your next event
- Autographed copy of The Nonfiction Book Marketing Plan OR The Nonfiction Book Publishing Plan by Stephanie Chandler
- Bonus books are often added to our welcome kits, so you may get an extra surprise
- Our popular “Writer at Work” door hanger
- “Writer at Work” coffee mug or water bottle
- NFAA branded coaster and inspirational magnet
- NEW: Pin-on button that reads “Ask Me About My Book”
Have questions or prefer not to register online? Send us an email.
See what our members have to say:
“The Nonfiction Authors Association helped me make my Amazon Best Seller a reality! NFAA had all of the pieces to the puzzle and with Stephanie’s help and use of NFAA resources my book came to life. This is one stop-shopping for non-fiction writers!”
– Rich Turrin, author of Innovation Lab Excellence, RichTurrin.com
“The NFAA monthly meetups I’ve attended have been excellent. We’ve heard from authors, editors, and marketing experts, as well as had a chance to speak about our own projects. The networking and the inspiration that results have kept me going during the slow times of the writing process.”
– Emily Buehler, Author of Bread Science, emilybuehler.com
“One of the best things I did was join the Nonfiction Authors Association. There, I can network with other nonfiction authors, as well as learn all the facets of writing, publishing, and marketing books. The Nonfiction Writers Conference — which is virtual to accommodate busy schedules and keeps members from incurring travel expenses — has been extremely useful to me. Overall, this is a must-join organization for any nonfiction author or aspiring author.”
– Beth Gainer, author of Calling the Shots in Your Medical Care, bethgainer.com.
“NFAA has proven a godsend for me in just a few weeks. The available resources have clarified many aspects of publishing of which I was hazy or unaware. And the conference looks superb!”
– Stephen M. Archer, author of Junius Brutus Booth: Theatrical Prometheus
All Members Receive:
Listing in Member Directory: Your listing includes your name, author photo, book details, author bio, website links, social media links, and other details. Directory listings are complimentary for all members of the Nonfiction Authors Association. These are also optimized for the search engines, providing valuable links back to your site, which may raise your visibility with Google search!
Weekly Educational Interviews with Publishing Industry Experts: We conduct weekly interviews with industry professionals, focused on writing, publishing, promoting, and profiting with nonfiction books. All members can listen in live, though Authority and VIP members can download recordings after each event. Events are held Wednesdays at 10am PST/1pm EST.
Want a taste of our interview series? Listen to this recording with Patrick Schwerdtfeger on how to become a highly-paid keynote speaker.
Benefits for Authority and VIP Members Only:
EXCLUSIVE – Media Leads for Authors: Authority and VIP members receive a weekly round-up of publicity opportunities delivered to your inbox every Friday. This exciting benefit gives you the opportunity to reach out to podcasters seeking guests, bloggers seeking content, and other media outlets. Learn more about Media Leads for Authors.
Interview Recordings (POPULAR!): While all members can listen to our weekly interviews live, only Authority and VIP members receive access to the recording archives, which you can download and enjoy at your leisure.
Educational Content: Content archives including templates, checklists, worksheets, recordings, reports, and other exclusive information to make your author journey easier.
Access to Community Forum: Our private Facebook group is a community gathering place for Authority and VIP members to connect, ask and answer publishing-related questions, share ideas and resources, and support each other. This group is a powerful membership benefit and provides a fantastic way to connect and become part of our tribe! Our members are located around the globe and being part of our community allows you to form alliances and support each other.
Meet the Members Program: Members can share a book announcement via an online form found in your member dashboard. Each member can submit a book announcement up to two times per year. We compile these announcements in our monthly Meet the Members email to ALL of our subscribers. In addition, members are invited to contribute an interview and get featured on our blog, which is also shared across our social media networks which have a combined reach of over 100k followers.
Discount off the Nonfiction Writers Conference: Since 2010, our Nonfiction Writers Conference events have been conducted entirely online. NFWC is held in May, and our smaller Fall conference is held in November. Authority members receive a 50% discount off of the standard conference rate. VIP members attend for FREE.
Discount off the Nonfiction Book Awards: Our year-round Nonfiction Book Awards program honors the best in nonfiction. Authority and VIP members receive 33% off the entry fee.
Discounted Courses and Content: Our online courses an are discounted by 33% for Authority and VIP members.
Discounted Partner Services: NFAA has partnered with several companies to offer discounts for our members: Partners include Lulu.com, Foreword Reviews, Findaway Voices, PRNewswire, IngramSpark, and more. In addition, Office Depot provides all members with access to a permanent store discount card (10% off). Authority and VIP members receive the store card plus substantial savings of as much as 80% off online purchases (wait until you see their rate for printer ink cartridges!).
- Lulu.com offers 20% off all printed books, including spiral-bound workbooks and calendars. If you print just $1,000 worth of books in a year, that equals $200 in savings.
- IngramSpark waives your print set-up fee of $49, ebook setup fee of $25 and file change fees of $25, saving you almost $100 per title.
- Findaway Voices waives the $49 casting fee.
- Clarion Reviews provides a 15% discount off their editorial reviews, a savings of $74.
- Booklife offers a 10% discount off their editorial reviews, a savings of $39.
- Gotham Writers Workshop offers $30 off any online course.
- Office Depot offers discounts as high as 80% off in-store and online purchases, including printer cartridges and custom printing services. Our members happily report hundreds of dollars in savings.
If you plan to use any or all of the above services, consider how membership in the Nonfiction Authors Association will help you save! Chances are good that your membership will pay for itself many times over.
“I’m getting ready for a presentation tomorrow and needed to print some content. I emailed 4 files to this OfficeMax/Office Depot with instructions for 30 sets. They had everything boxed up when I arrived, and the cashier rang up my order: $96.83 (including a Payday candy bar—a reward for finishing ahead of deadline). I gave her my NFAA discount card and told her that my total was about to come down. She entered the discount code and was so shocked by the new total that she double-checked with the supervisor. My final total: $35.53…and there was even a discount on my Payday bar! That was a savings of over $60—unbelievable!“
– Tom McCourt
Benefits for VIP Members Only:
In addition to ALL of the benefits that Authority members receive, VIP members get the following:
- Platinum Access to BOTH Nonfiction Writers Conference Events – NFWC events are conducted entirely online. The main event is held in May, and our Fall conference is held in December. VIP members get Platinum access to both events at no charge (includes event recordings and transcripts). This benefit pays for VIP membership all by itself!
- Ultimate Author Marketing Course – This 12-module course is delivered online (recorded webinars) and covers everything from blogging and website optimization to social media, Amazon, book reviews, revenue generation and advanced book marketing tactics. Value: $697
- Ultimate Author Toolkits – Our one-of-a-kind toolkits provide an assortment of digital content to help you accelerate your author journey. Each kit includes over a dozen reports, checklists, worksheets and recordings, covering the following topics: Writing Nonfiction Books, Self-Publishing, Traditional Publishing, Websites, Blogging and Social Media, Professional Speaking and Book Marketing. Value: $282
- Nonfiction Writers Conference Greatest Hits – A collection of eight of our favorite sessions for you. Includes recordings only (Value: $99):
- Pat Flynn – Passive Income for Authors – NFWC 2016
- Helen Sedwick – Protecting Your Rights and Your Wallet: Copyright, Trademarks and Other Legal Details for Authors – NFWC 2016
- Cathey Armillas – How to Pitch, Prepare and Deliver a Killer TED Talk – NFWC 2015
- Dana Lynn Smith – How to Launch and Market Your Book – NFWC 2015
- Linda Hollander – How to Attract Lucrative Corporate Sponsorships – NFWC 2014
- Jason Van Orden – Leverage Video and Podcasting to Build Your Audience – NFWC 2014
- Chris Garrett – Blogging for Authors – NFWC 2013
- Sandra Beckwith – DIY PR – NFWC 2013
Total added membership value: $1,653!
Are you ready to reach your goals?
Become a member of our supportive tribe!
Listing in NFAA
Listing in NFAA
There has never been a better time to join the Nonfiction Authors Association!
Have questions or prefer not to register online? We can process your registration or renewal manually. Send us an email.
Disclaimer: We reserve the right to adjust membership benefits and make substitutions as needed. We also reserve the right to moderate discussions and deny membership to anyone who is disruptive to the group. Membership can be canceled at any time by either party and no refunds are issued.