Calling all authors, publishers, and publishing industry professionals.
welcome to the MEDIA TRAINING COURSE FOR AUTHORS
A professional publicist teaches you how to give confident, compelling interviews for radio, television, podcasts, print publications, and more.
Course begins October 13, 2022 and lasts three weeks.
Join us for aN ENGAGING 3-week ONLINE course
The Media Training Course for Authors will help you identify your talking points, improve confidence, calm your nerves, and look like a pro for every interview!
You’ve done the arduous process of writing a book and getting it published (or you’re still in the process), but that is only the beginning of your author journey. Now it’s time to get the word out about your book, and one of the best ways to do that is through interviews with radio, podcasts, television, print publications, and more. Oftentimes authors fail to prepare for these opportunities, and that inexperience can show. Let’s make sure you shine!
What you do online sticks around forever, so there is pressure to interview well. This is one reason why is media training so important. In fact, those you see who make it seem so easy and effortless have either been trained, or they have a lot of experience, and for the really good ones, it’s both.
We are not born able to do effective interviews. It is learned. When you just show up and “wing it,” the chances of fumbling are enormous. Your performance can make or break an interview. With all that is at stake, this is an incredible opportunity to get professional training at a mere fraction of the usual cost. (Professional media training typically costs $5,000 to $10,000!)
Course instructor Joanne McCall is an experienced media trainer and publicist who will guide you through what pros already know. With this 3-week course, you will learn how to:
- Prepare Key Points – It is essential to show up to every interview with talking points and sound bites that you want to convey during your interview. You will learn how to best plan these so you’re ready to shine every single time.
- Improve Your Confidence – Discover how professionals prepare for interviews and how you can too so you come across in the media as the pro that you are. (Hint: Preparation puts nerves to rest!)
- Communicate Effectively – Know how to deal with difficult questions and what to do if you forget what you were saying.
- Be Engaging – Speaking your key points is only the beginning. Find out how to keep the audience riveted along with tactics to keep the host happy and interested in you.
- Redirect When Needed – If a host gets confrontational or veers off track, you need to know how to bring the conversation back in focus. (Hint: Politicians do this really well–because they’ve been through media training!)
- Be Ready for All Kinds of Media Interviews – How you prepare for interviews on podcasts and radio is different from television. And interviews with print media may feel like less pressure, but you still need to ensure you work in your talking points. Upon completing this course, you will know how to be ready for each kind of media interview.
Are you ready to elevate your experience and give compelling interviews every time? Join us!
THE MEDIA TRAINING FOR AUTHORS COURSE IS A SMALL COMMITMENT THAT WILL NET RESULTS FOR YEARS TO COME
Each session delivered LIVE in video format with Zoom and includes Q&A with the instructor. Recordings are released within hours following each live training.
COURSE HANDOUTS each week
All students receive companion worksheets and handouts for each of the three course modules. All materials are made available to download, along with lifetime access to all course materials.
CONNECT WITH FELLOW STUDENTS AND YOUR INSTRUCTOR
You will share this experience with fellow students in a warm, friendly environment. Many students from our previous courses have created friendships that extend past the course! And course instructor Joanne McCall is an experience guide who will be with you every step of the way.
meet your course instructor joanne mccall
a leading expert in media and book publicity
Publicist, media insider, trainer and coach Joanne McCall helps influencers, nonfiction authors, and business leaders become Media Darlings, so the media calls them. Her secret sauce is not only positioning, securing, and helping authors to capture media attention and deliver compelling interviews, she helps them create and develop their own media empire, while enjoying the process. On a first-name basis with hundreds of top-rung producers, editors, writers, and journalists, Joanne secures coverage for clients including Brian Tracy, Ken Blanchard, Dave Ramsey, Geneen Roth, Dr. Donna Stoneham, The Deepak Chopra Center for Wellbeing, the co-founder of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), Dr. Richard Bandler, and many others. She is the creator of Media Book Camp and Media Finishing School, and is the author of Media Darling: Shine Through Every Interview. Learn more: www.joannemccall.com.
About the Nonfiction Authors Association
Optional: Join nfaa when you enroll in the course!
The Nonfiction Authors Association is a vibrant community for experienced and aspiring writers to connect, exchange ideas, and learn how to write, publish, promote, and profit with nonfiction books.
NFAA helps writers reduce the overwhelm that comes with the publishing industry while learning to navigate the many options successfully. We aim to help you sell more books, reach more readers, and become more profitable.
Authority Membership Benefits:
- Exclusive Author Advisor email sent every Friday featuring cultivated media leads, podcast recordings with industry experts, plus templates, checklists, and reports from our member archives.
- Access to mastermind groups conducted with Zoom breakout rooms. (We call this the Author Brainstorm Exchange!)
- Popular members-only Facebook group.
- Meet-the-Members program where you can share your book announcement with our email list, blog, and social media community.
- Discounts off the year-round Nonfiction Book Awards program, author toolkits, and online courses.
- Discounts off the annual Nonfiction Writers Conference, held online since 2010. (Next event happens May 4-6, 2022.)
- Discounts with NFAA partners including Lulu, IngramSpark, Office Depot, Findaway Voices, PR Newswire, and more.
ANNUAL AUTHORITY MEMBERSHIP RATE: $290
VIP Membership Benefits:
VIP membership is our “all-you-can eat” plan offering FREE Platinum admission to the annual Nonfiction Writers Conference, including all recordings and transcripts, and free access to premium content, including our popular Ultimate Author Toolkits.
Total added value: $1,475!
ANNUAL VIP MEMBERSHIP RATE: $690
I just wanted to tell you how much I value all that you are doing with NFAA. It is one of the best investments in a membership I have ever made. I have been listening to your webinars and taking copious notes during them. One of my favorites was Revenue Stream for Authors. I am using it as a checklist for the many ways I can promote my book. It helps keep me focused. Being a first-time author was daunting enough. I didn’t realize how much time and effort it takes to promote a self-published book. NFAA has given me the tools for structuring that process. I would recommend NFAA to both the novice and seasoned author. ”
Feedback from PREVIOUS STUDENTS
“Thank you for a comprehensive path to understanding book marketing! I like that all of our marketing options are grouped into six parts to help organize a plan of opportunities and challenges related to each marketing option. Most of all, I’m thankful for the confidence that results from the course. There’s still a lot of work to do — book marketing is not a one-size-fits-all plan of action — but now I know I am equipped with the very best practices.“
“The course was a treasure trove of information that could be immediately applied to my business as a book strategist and authorship coach. The investment in the program was worth every penny of the cost.”
“Once it was explained to me that no, my book was not actually going to sell itself, I knew I needed a solid marketing plan. Stephanie delivered; there were so many great things about this course. Numerous marketing options were presented to the class, many of which I had been completely unfamiliar with. I liked how we were encouraged to pick and choose those strategies that resonated best with us. Stephanie is well versed in her craft, and I felt confident in her instruction. She respected students’ time and kept a good pace. The best part of the course was her encouraging participants to ask questions before, during and after class, as well as within our Facebook group. I highly recommend this course to any aspiring non-fiction author!”
“Thank you, Stephanie for your excellent training on how to launch a book. I followed your advice on launching a self-published book and sold the first shipment prior to its arrival! I was also picked up by Walmart, Target and Barnes and Noble online. My sales on Amazon are picking up speed. The classes on niche, title choice, key words and serving the needs of the reader are GOLD! Thank you!”
“Thank you again for the Author Marketing Course. I thoroughly enjoyed it and took a ton of notes. I was relieved to learn I’m doing many of your suggestions and plan on implementing the ones I am not. Your course is a must have for the newbie or seasoned author.”
“Stephanie, As I said early on, you are amazing. You have a terrific knowledge base on so many subjects. Your course provides an excellent roadmap for running the publishing marathon. So many people told me that the hardest part of being an author was the marketing but I never fully appreciated it until now. You have saved me countless hours of research into the various processes and I know in the end these things will result in significant sales!”
at a fraction of the price of professional media training, this course delivers on value
Satisfaction is always 100% guaranteed.
If for any reason this course isn’t for you, notify us within the first week of purchase and receive a full refund.
media training for authors COURSE RECAP
Course dates: OCTOBER 13, 20, AND 27, 2022
Course sessions are held live on Zoom each Thursday, starting at 10am PT / 1pm and last up to 90 minutes. Live attendance is optional. You can watch the videos, submit questions, and participate with the group through the private Facebook group.
COURSE REGISTRATION INCLUDES
- Access to three weeks of live Zoom training sessions, averaging 90 minutes each
- All course recordings, including notes from online chat
- Invitation to join private Facebook group
- Downloadable handouts and other materials available throughout the course
- Option to join the Nonfiction Authors Association and attend the upcoming Nonfiction Writers Conference (online event)
NEW! 3-Pay Options Available at Checkout
Divide your payments over 60 days–option available in cart.
Members of the Nonfiction Authors Association:
Visit your member dashboard for special discount code (33% off).
Not a member yet?
You can join with course enrollment and receive the member discount instantly.
Ready to dazzle at every interview? Join us!
PRICING AND REGISTRATION
MEDIA TRAINING COURSE FOR AUTHORS
ONLY $397 Or 3 payments of $145
AUTHORITY MBR$555 Or 3 payments of $195
VIP MEMBERSHIP + CONFERENCE
VIP MEMBERSHIP $955 Or 3 payments of $335
Don’t like to pay online?
Need help with a payment plan?
Please note that we do not guarantee any outcome or financial benefit for participants. Results will vary and depend in part on the effort you put into participating in the course and then implementing your marketing plans. Course benefits, dates, and times are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. As a reminder, you can cancel and request a full refund for any reason within the first two weeks of the course. We look forward to having you join us. Questions? Contact us here.