The Nonfiction Authors Association has partnered with PR Newswire to provide Authority members of NFAA with exclusive discounts to services provided by PR Newswire, including comprehensive press release distribution, PR Newswire’s syndication network of over 5,500 media websites, and ProfNet.
At the Nonfiction Authors Association, we believe ProfNet is an essential tool for authors who want to gain major media exposure. ProfNet is a professional database where subject matter experts have access to queries from media professionals seeking sources to interview and quote for stories in major media outlets, including print, radio and television.
“As a non-fiction author, speaker and coach, getting media exposure without spending a fortune is a key to my success. During my 18 months of being a ‘solopreneur’, I have been featured in Fortune, FastCompany, Money Magazine, US News & World Report, Investor’s Business Daily, on a jumbotron in Times Square and much more. The return on investment is huge as it takes very little time with an outcome of publicity that I just couldn’t buy as a virtually unknown person.”
— Dana Manciagli
Top Ten Reasons to Use ProfNet:
- UNMATCHED – Only expert network offering reactive and proactive targeting of media by combining journalists’ opportunities with expert alerts and daily topic alerts.
- EXPOSURE – Increase visibility for experts by linking them directly with journalists.
- MEDIA INTELLIGENCE – Identify trends and relevant topics in the media to maximize PR efforts.
- REPUTATION – Journalists have relied on ProfNet to connect with experts since 1992.
- ADDED VALUE – A cost-effective method to interact with journalists; receive access for five users and customized targeting of over 300 subjects.
- PROACTIVE ENGAGEMENT WITH MEDIA – Ability to connect with media sources you can’t access individually.
- PROFNET CONNECT – Register an unlimited number of experts in the database to be searched by the media.
- ACTIVE JOURNALIST SEARCHES – Journalists seeking experts already have their assignment and deadline allowing you to know exactly how and when to pitch.
- VOLUME OF INFORMATION – Receive 100 to 150 opportunities per day from over 86,000 top journalists registered on PR Newswire for Journalists.
- ProfNet LINKS – Gain additional exposure in your news release by linking to expert profiles.
I have found ProfNet to be extremely effective at generating media exposure. I responded to three or four inquiries each day and had at least 25% of my quotes used, including mentions in MONEY Magazine, CNN Money, Forbes, Inc. Magazine, FORTUNE and the New York Times. Although it does take some time each day, it can result in significant press coverage.
— Patrick Schwerdtfeger
NFAA Authority members can sign up for the free PR Newswire toolkit and receive special NFAA member discounts. Visit the NFAA Members Home Page for more information.
Not an Authority member yet? Find out what you’re missing and join the Nonfiction Authors Association today!