Discounted Membership Options
We are proud to offer discounted membership rates for our partners and friends of the Nonfiction Authors Association!
How you can benefit from NFAA membership:
- Feel less alone on this journey.
- Connect and share experiences with fellow writers.
- Learn about writing, publishing, and marketing books so you can decide what tactics will work best for you.
- Access hundreds of educational tools and resources to help you reach your goals.
- Gain valuable, real-world insights from publishing industry experts.
- Get visibility with our audience of 100k+.
Listing in NFAA
Listing in NFAA
Our vibrant community of 14,000+ trail-blazing writers is loaded with valuable resources. Join us to discover how to publish, promote, market and profit from nonfiction books!
“The NFAA monthly meetups I’ve attended have been excellent. We’ve heard from authors, editors, and marketing experts, as well as had a chance to speak about our own projects. The networking and the inspiration that results have kept me going during the slow times of the writing process.”
– Emily Buehler, Author of Bread Science, emilybuehler.com
“One of the best things I did was join the Nonfiction Authors Association. There, I can network with other nonfiction authors, as well as learn all the facets of writing, publishing, and marketing books. The Nonfiction Writers Conference — which is virtual to accommodate busy schedules and keeps members from incurring travel expenses — has been extremely useful to me. Overall, this is a must-join organization for any nonfiction author or aspiring author.”
– Beth Gainer, author of Calling the Shots in Your Medical Care, bethgainer.com.
“NFAA has proven a godsend for me in just a few weeks. The available resources have clarified many aspects of publishing of which I was hazy or unaware. And the conference looks superb!”
– Stephen M. Archer, author of Junius Brutus Booth: Theatrical Prometheus
Benefits for Authority and VIP Members Only:
Teleseminar Recordings (POPULAR!): Our weekly teleseminar series are content-rich events with carefully selected industry experts. Because we know your time is valuable, teleseminars last 30 minutes and are typically conducted on Wednesdays at 10am PST/1pm EST. Authority and VIP members have access to past event recordings–one of our most popular benefits!
View our upcoming teleseminar events here.
You can also view our past events here.
Educational Content: We release new content each Sunday night, which includes templates, checklists, worksheets, recordings, reports and other special content meant to make your author journey a little easier.
Weekly Marketing Homework: Authority and VIP members receive marketing homework via email every Monday, which includes a suggested strategy for marketing your books. Topics covered can include blogging, internet marketing, professional speaking, website development, social media, and traditional marketing tactics. The purpose is to keep you focused on advancing your marketing efforts each week, and to discuss within the forum and keep each other accountable. Homework assignments are also archived for later viewing.
Access to Community Forums: Our private LinkedIn and Facebook groups are community gathering places for Authority, VIP, and Thought Leader members to connect, ask and answer publishing-related questions, share ideas and resources, and support each other. These groups are a powerful membership benefit and provide a fantastic way to connect and become part of our tribe! Our members are located around the globe and being part of our community allows you to form alliances and support each other.
Listing in Member Directory: Your listing includes your name, author photo, book details, author bio, website links, social media links, and other details. Directory listings are complimentary for all members of the Nonfiction Authors Association. These are also optimized for the search engines, providing valuable links back to your site, which may raise your visibility with Google search!
Local Chapter Meetings: Authority and VIP members receive FREE admission to local chapter meetings across the U.S. and in Canada. Meetings are open to the public and admission runs from $10 to $20. View a list of our local chapters here.
Meet the Members Program: Members can share a book announcement via an online form found in your member dashboard. Each member can submit a book announcement up to two times per year. We compile these announcements in our monthly Meet the Members email to ALL of our subscribers! In addition, members are invited to contribute an interview and get featured on our blog, which is also shared across our social media–over 100k followers!
Discount off the Nonfiction Writers Conference: The annual Nonfiction Writers Conference is a 3-day virtual event featuring five speakers each day and takes place in May each year, and we host a second 2-day event each fall. Authority members receive 50% off the standard conference rate and VIP members attend NFWC events for FREE.
Discount off the Nonfiction Book Awards: Our year-round book awards program honors the best in nonfiction. Authority and VIP members receive 33% off the entry fee.
Discounted Courses and Content: Our Author Courses and Ultimate Author Toolkits are discounted between 33% to 50% for Authority members. VIP members receive FREE access to our Ultimate Author Marketing Course and all of our Author Toolkits.
Discounted Partner Services: NFAA has partnered with several companies to offer discounts for our members:
- IngramSpark® is an award-winning publishing platform that offers the same fully integrated print and digital products and global distribution services enjoyed by big-time publishers to the indie-publishing community. NFAA members receive fees 100% waived for new print title setup ($49 value), and ebook file setup ($25 value), and file change fees ($25 value).
- PR Newswire and ProfNet provide deep discounts off press release distribution, access to PR Newswire’s syndication network of over 5,500 websites, and ProfNet, a powerful program where authors can connect with media professionals seeking expert sources for interviews.
- Gebbie Press offers members up to 50% off products and services including the All-in-One Media Directory, featuring over 24,000 media contacts, downloadable databases of media contacts and PRPro, a turn-key press release distribution system that sends your releases directly to media contacts.
- Office Depot provides all members with access to a permanent store discount card (10% off). Authority and VIP members receive the store card plus substantial savings of as much as 80% off online purchases (wait until you see their rate for printer ink cartridges!).
Benefits for VIP Members Only:
In addition to ALL of the benefits that Authority members receive, VIP members get the following:
- Platinum Access to the Nonfiction Writers Conference Events – Our annual event is conducted entirely online and features 15 expert speakers over three days and is held in May. In addition, we host a smaller Fall conference in November. Value: $575
- Ultimate Author Marketing Course – This 12-module course is delivered online (recorded webinars) and covers everything from blogging and website optimization to social media, Amazon, book reviews, revenue generation and advanced book marketing tactics. Value: $697
- Ultimate Author Toolkits – Our one-of-a-kind toolkits provide an assortment of digital content to help you accelerate your author journey. Each kit includes over a dozen reports, checklists, worksheets and recordings, covering the following topics: Writing Nonfiction Books, Self-Publishing, Traditional Publishing, Websites, Blogging and Social Media, Professional Speaking and Book Marketing. Value: $282
- Nonfiction Writers Conference Greatest Hits – A collection of eight of our favorite sessions for you. Includes recordings only (Value: $99):
- Pat Flynn – Passive Income for Authors – NFWC 2016
- Helen Sedwick – Protecting Your Rights and Your Wallet: Copyright, Trademarks and Other Legal Details for Authors – NFWC 2016
- Cathey Armillas – How to Pitch, Prepare and Deliver a Killer TED Talk – NFWC 2015
- Dana Lynn Smith – How to Launch and Market Your Book – NFWC 2015
- Linda Hollander – How to Attract Lucrative Corporate Sponsorships – NFWC 2014
- Jason Van Orden – Leverage Video and Podcasting to Build Your Audience – NFWC 2014
- Chris Garrett – Blogging for Authors – NFWC 2013
- Sandra Beckwith – DIY PR – NFWC 2013
Total added membership value: $1,653!
If you’re ready to accelerate your author career, now is the time to join the largest association exclusively focused on helping nonfiction authors write, publish, promote, and profit from their books–while making a difference in the world!
Listing in NFAA
Listing in NFAA
Questions? Send us an email.