Event Date: July 8, 2015 | Time: 10AM PST / 1PM EST
Learn what it takes to get a literary agent or publisher in today’s changing market!
There’s the book you want to write and the book a publisher – and readers – will buy: Are they the same book?
Literary agents receive 1500+ manuscripts a month. Publishers receive 10,000+ manuscripts a year. If you want to get a publishing deal and more readers, you’ve got to know what publishers (and readers) buy and how to make your book stand out from the pack.
Randy Peyser, CEO of Author One Stop, Inc., www.AuthorOneStop.com. a national publishing consulting firm, pitches books to agents and publishers. Her company also provides editing and ghostwriting services. Additionally, Randy is also a master of the book proposal. Recently, she helped a first-time author get a 6-figure advance in a bidding war between 3 large houses. Currently, 33 people are under contract with agents or publishers she has found for them.
Randy will tell you exactly what you need to get an agent or publisher to offer you a contract.
You will find out:
- What topics are hot and what’s not.
- The most essential sales tool you need in order to sell a manuscript to a publisher.
- The quickest way to get an agent or publisher to stop in their tracks.
- The one thing to absolutely not do if you are serious about getting a publishing contract.
- How to get cover endorsements when you don’t know anybody who’s famous.
- The 4 biggest mistakes authors make.
- The 3 things you absolutely must do to make your book stand out.
- Two details about your writing that publishers always look for.
- The 5 biggest questions publishers ask before they make a buying decision.
- What you need to research before you query a publisher.
- Why you need an agent.
- How to title your book to maximize your sales potential
Randy will tell you if your book has the right positioning to get a publishing deal, and if it doesn’t, she will tell you what to do to get a book deal tipped in your favor.
How to Participate
Live access to our monthly teleseminars is free to all Nonfiction Authors Association members (Basic and Authority). Event recordings are available to Authority members only for 90 days. If you’re not yet a member of NFAA and you’d like to participate in an upcoming event, please Join Here to receive a complimentary member profile and dial-in instructions for the events (dial-in information can be found on the member home page). These events honor your time and last about 30 minutes.
I’ve talked with Randy Peyser many times over the past 6 years, and still found so much valuable information presented in this call. Thank you, Randy!