Welcome to the Ultimate Author Marketing Course (Special Price)
Do you feel like you’re spinning your wheels, but not getting the results you want?
Do you want to build an author business with multiple revenue streams, paid speaking opportunities and corporate sponsors?
This is the course for you!
The Ultimate Author Marketing course provides a comprehensive solution for serious nonfiction authors who want to build an effective marketing plan, establish a powerful online presence, sell more books, and generate revenues from related products and services.
The harsh reality is that most authors don’t make REAL money with their books, but that doesn’t mean your book can’t help you earn a great living! As an AUTHORity in your field, you can attract media attention online and offline, and generate revenue from many sources including corporate sponsorships, speaking, information product sales, coaching and consulting, and much more.
And yes, you can do this even though you have a day job because guess what? Very few authors have the luxury of focusing on their books full-time! We ALL have day jobs! The key is learning to prioritize your goals and identify the most effective marketing tactics so that you can make the most of your limited time and achieve the success you want.
This one-of-a-kind, 12-part course is jam packed with real-world tactics to help you build your author brand and business, create profitable revenue streams, and promote yourself as an AUTHORity.
What this Course Won’t Do:
This is NOT one of those over-promised and under-delivered programs. There is no celebrity name-dropping and no up-sell into a different program that will teach you what you thought you’d learn in this course. Instead this course delivers practical strategies, real-world examples and over 70 downloadable templates, checklists and worksheets to help you build a profitable author business with your integrity intact. And your course instructor doesn’t disappear! You’ll have access to Q&A sessions with Stephanie Chandler where you can get your questions answered and also learn from fellow authors.
Why is this Called an “Author Marketing Course” and not “Book Marketing Course”?
Great question! This is where many authors make a big mistake: they focus on promoting their books instead of themselves. As the author, YOU are the authority. You bring the credibility and experience to your books. And chances are you’ll write more books in the future. You want readers to recognize your name each time you release a new book, right?
Do you recognize any of these authors?
Can you name all of the books written by these authors?
Probably not—but you know who most of these people are (or you’ve at least heard their names) because instead of marketing only their books, they’ve branded themselves as AUTHORities in their fields.
Lesson learned: Brand yourself in your niche and you’ll have fans for life!
Watch the Video to Test Drive the Course Experience
About Your Instructor, Stephanie Chandler
Greetings! I’m the founder and CEO of the Nonfiction Authors Association and Nonfiction Writers Conference. I’ve authored nine books (so far!), both traditionally published and proudly self-published. My author career has brought me major media interviews, six-figure corporate sponsorships, multiple revenue streams, hundreds of speaking opportunities, and a flexible, fulfilling, and fun business.
I fell in love with nonfiction books long ago because nonfiction has the power to make a difference in the world. Nonfiction books educate and enhance readers’ lives. And along my own career path, I fell in love with working with fellow nonfiction authors–people making a big impact in the world!
I eventually realized my purpose: to help others achieve their own purpose! By working with authors and helping them to promote and profit from their ideas, we all get to make an impact in the world while at the same time building profitable and joyful careers.
I absolutely love what I do every day and as a single mom, I have the flexibility and freedom that comes from building a business with integrity and inspiration. I want to help you achieve that too!
I hope you’ll join me for a course unlike any other. I have invested hundreds of hours of my own personal time in developing the course content and handouts, and I’m proud of the final result. As a course participant, we’ll also work together via our active LinkedIn forum and group brainstorming calls. I can’t wait to answer your questions and hear about your plans! And if you don’t love the course, let me know within 30 days and I’ll personally issue you a full refund.
Are You Ready to Elevate Your Author Career?
As a course participant, you will:
- Remove the overwhelm you feel about book marketing.
- Gain focus and clarity about your author goals and plans.
- Develop a strategy for promoting your books to the right audience.
- Learn to prioritize the marketing strategies that align with your goals, and determine which strategies you can skip or put on the back burner. (Newsflash: You don’t have to do it all!)
- Build a powerful social media presence (even if you dread social media).
- Cultivate your own community of raving fans.
- Create a revenue plan to bring in more income—or establish a plan to transition into working for yourself full-time!
UAM Course Modules:
MODULE 1: Author/Publisher Business Startup: Essentials for Building a Successful Company
- Choose the right business and/or publishing company name
- Obtain necessary business licenses
- Understand legal and financial considerations
- Define your business goals
- Identify hiring/outsourcing needs—from graphic designers to publicists—how each can benefit your business and how to hire
- Leverage the tools you need to manage and grow your business
Handouts included (downloadable):
- Checklist: Author Business Startup
- Cash Flow Report
- Author Goals Sheet Example
- Template: Mastermind Group Agenda
- Earnings Calculator
MODULE 2: Own Your Niche: Become an Authority and Build a Bigger, Better Audience
- Identify your ideal audience
- Position yourself against competition
- Determine if your niche is worthy
- Handle multiple niches
- Establish yourself as an authority in your field
- Overcome the self-doubt from claiming authority status
- Develop an effective tagline and bio
- Worksheets: Author Brand-Building
- Worksheets: Define Your Target Audience
- Template: Book Marketing Plan
MODULE 3: Author Websites: Master Strategies to Attract Readers and Boost Sales
- Choose the right website structure for your goals: author website, book site or news site
- Evaluate examples of successful websites
- Review each of the essential pages that should be included in your site—and make them most effective
- Incorporate important elements that make a website work
- Implement email marketing and ecommerce tools
- Utilize basic search engine optimization (SEO) tactics to begin generating more traffic immediately
- Monitor your traffic and growth
- Worksheet: Author Website Planning
- Checklist: Book Sales Page
- Worksheet: Email Marketing
- Template: Join the Mailing List
- Technology Tools for Authors
MODULE 4: Blogging Essentials: Simple Tactics to Produce Big Results
- Build a popular blog utilizing key success factors
- Develop captivating blog post titles
- Optimize your blog posts to boost website traffic
- Generate blog content ideas
- Enlist others in developing your blog content
- Boost audience engagement
- Avoid common mistakes new bloggers make
- Checklist: Increase Blog Traffic
- Worksheets: Blog Strategy Planning
MODULE 5: Social Media: Simplified! (Really!)
- Maximize results with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Pinterest
- Use basic Facebook advertising strategies that work
- Generate more website traffic from Twitter
- Avoid common social media mistakes
- Determine which network(s) work best for your audience
- Manage it all in 30 minutes per day or less—really!
- Stop dreading social media and start maximizing its potential
- Social Media Content: What to Share
- Facebook Strategy Cheat Sheet
- Twitter Strategy Cheat Sheet
- LinkedIn Strategy Cheat Sheet
- Pinterest Strategy Cheat Sheet
- Twitter Tracking Sheet
- Report: Start and Grow a LinkedIn Group
- Tip Sheet: Market Yourself with LinkedIn Groups
MODULE 6: Internet Media: Power Strategies to Reach Your Readers Online
- Take advantage of video opportunities with YouTube, Periscope and Blab
- Locate and pitch guest posts to blogs and news sites
- Conduct a virtual book tour
- Generate lots of book reviews
- Get big exposure via podcasts and internet radio
- Leverage teleseminars and webinars
- Market to communities (an underutilized opportunity)
- Get your own Wikipedia page
- Utilize paid advertising online
- 50 Ways to Generate Book Reviews (with resources)
- Report: How to Pitch Yourself as a Guest for Radio/Podcast Interviews—with Sample Pitch
- Report: How to Blog for Other Websites
- How to Research Bloggers
- Blogger Research Spreadsheet
- Report: Resources to Start Your Own Podcast
MODULE 7: DIY Traditional Publicity: How to Navigate Print, Radio and Television
- Leverage traditional media outlets, even if you’re self-published
- Build a media kit and look like a pro
- Craft media pitches and press releases that get noticed
- Prepare for different forms of media: print, radio and television
- Work your way up from local to national media
- Locate media contact information
- Work with a publicist, and when this is a good idea
- Prepare to be at your best with basic media training principles
- Get media to come to you!
- Checklist: Media Training – Prepare for Interviews
- Template: Press Release
- How to Write a Press Release
- 50 Reasons to Contact the Media
MODULE 8: All About Amazon: Maximize Book Sales and Exposure
- Understand Amazon sales ranking and how it reflects the number of books sold
- Choose the best categories for your books
- Navigate Amazon’s search algorithms and help your book get found
- Get more reviews for your book on Amazon
- Make the most of your Author Central account
- Participate in Amazon’s affiliate program
- Leverage advertising options
- Utilize Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP)
- Identify pros and cons of participating in the KDP Select program
- Choose the best price for your print and Kindle books
- Produce and distribute an audio book
- How Amazon Calculates Sales Ranking for Books
- Amazon Author Central: Steps to Maximize Your Account
MODULE 9: Break in to Professional Speaking: A Primer for Getting Started
- Distinguish between keynote and platform speaking
- Choose powerful speaking topics
- Develop a speaker page for your website
- Design your speaker one-sheet
- Craft your speech and prepare like a pro—before you hit the stage
- Start pitching yourself as a speaker—and where to send your pitches
- Make the transition from speaking for free to earning a fee
- Work with speakers’ bureaus
- Sell books from the stage
- Pitch yourself to give a TEDx talk
- Checklist of Items to Take to Speaking Engagements
- Template: Join the Mailing List
- Template: Speaker Request Form
- Sample Speaker Agreement Contract
- Template: Speaker Intake Form
- Template: Feedback Form
- Sample Speaker One Sheets
- Author-Speaker Website Examples
MODULE 10: Author Profits: Build Your Revenue Plan
- Create a revenue plan for your author business
- Develop a consulting/coaching business
- Make money with information products
- Profit from niche books, ebooks and workbooks
- Conduct online events
- Host a membership site that earns recurring revenue
- Build a profitable niche community
- Earn big money with corporate sponsors
- Sell advertising on your site
- Earnings Calculator
- Worksheets: Information Products
- 100+ Revenue Streams for Authors, Speakers and Consultants
- Report: How to Host Online Events
MODULE 11: Corporate Sponsorships: How to Attract them and Earn Big Money
- Identify companies that align with what you have to offer
- Understand what companies want from sponsorship relationships
- Position yourself as an ideal influencer
- Identify all kinds of opportunities, from paid webinars and blog content to online events and serving as a spokesperson
- Develop a compelling pitch to start the sponsorship conversation
- Research and find key corporate contacts
- Negotiate your way to big money
- Checklist: Items to Include in Sponsor Pitch
- Sample Corporate Sponsor Pitch Packet
MODULE 12: Advanced Book Marketing and Launch Strategies: Essential Tactics for Serious Authors
- Build a list of book launch tasks
- Locate media contacts
- Conduct Amazon bestseller campaigns (and why these may not be the best choice)
- Get on the New York Times bestseller list—even if you are self-published
- Host your own ebook give-away (without Amazon)
- Send out review copies (fresh ideas you haven’t seen before)
- Leverage direct mail
- Decide whether brick and mortar bookstores are worth your time
- Generate bulk book sales
- Get libraries to buy your books
- Checklist: Book Launch
- Checklist: Copy to Write Before You Launch Your Book
- Checklist: Ebook Give-away
- Template: Product Order Form
- Template: Bulk Pricing Flyer
- Template: Bookstore Consignment Agreement
- Tip Sheet: Bulk Sales
- Report: 101 Essential Content Marketing Resources
Feedback from Past Students:
“When I met Stephanie I was working as a corporate executive, but I was ready to pursue my dream of becoming a job search coach, author and speaker. I told her I wanted to quit my job within a year, and that’s exactly what I was able to do. I launched my website, published my book, built a huge social media presence from scratch, grew a mailing list, and landed a national column writing for The Business Journals. On top of that, I earned six figures in my first year of business. Stephanie’s guidance was instrumental in helping me build a profitable, thriving business in a short amount of time. She has an incredible understanding of marketing, revenue generation, and how to build a platform with the right audience. If you want to finally achieve your dreams, she will help you get there!”- Dana Manciagli, author of Cut the Crap, Get a Job!, DanaManciagli.com
“Stephanie Chandler is a very talented and concise course trainer. I learned more in her 4 classes than in all of the last year. It was time and money well invested. I recommend her to anyone who is interested in learning how to publicize via the internet.” – Linda Sherman
“Working with Stephanie was a fantastic experience. She knows her space, the business of books and the tricks of trade that will help any newcomer make the best out of this challenging environment. The fact that she also knows a lot about sales and salesmanship was tremendously useful in her teaching me how to sell my book across multiple fronts, leveraging my own website, the newer social media outlets, speaking engagements as well as traditional methods.” – Paul DeSouza
“Stephanie Chandler’s Accelerated Author Marketing Course is a must have for the newbie or seasoned author or entrepreneur. The wealth of information Chandler conveys in this course will help propel your book or product to the masses.“ – Donna M. McDine
“Your course was excellent and full of truly useful new information. Thanks for being so open to answering questions, sharing your own experiences and providing guidance. I would recommend your course and your books to anyone who wants to jump start their writing career.” – Dan Licoppe
This Game-Changing Course Includes:
- 12 Webinar-style video courses (self-study format so you can participate when it’s convenient for you) ranging from 40 to 90 minutes each.
- Course modules also in MP3 format (audio-only) for those who prefer to listen on the go (video participation is not mandatory).
- All PowerPoint slides in PDF format.
- Live Group Brainstorming Sessions with Stephanie Chandler via teleconference (your phone or Skype) to discuss your specific questions and challenges. Brainstorming “Spark” calls take place on the second Wednesday each month at 11:00 AM PST / 2:00 PM EST. If these calls become too full to answer all questions, we’ll add additional calls to the calendar. We don’t want you to be on this journey alone. You will have access to the brainstorming calls for a FULL YEAR!
- Recordings of brainstorming sessions released to participants.
- Access to our active members-only LinkedIn forum for Nonfiction Authors where you can connect with fellow authors and share experiences.
- Over 70 Downloadable templates, checklists, reports and worksheets.
- Authority membership in the Nonfiction Authors Association for one full year – $190 value. This includes all the benefits of membership: fresh content added weekly, twice-monthly teleseminars, access to our active member forum, complimentary admission to any local chapter meeting, partner discounts and more! (Already an Authority member? Visit your member home page for your special course discount.)
The Best Investment You’ll Make in Your Author Career – Guaranteed!
As an official program of the Nonfiction Authors Association, The Ultimate Author Marketing Course is unlike any other and will help you eliminate overwhelm, get focused on your book marketing efforts, and build a plan for success. Packed with real-world examples and tactics you can begin using immediately, this course is sure to be the best investment you’ll ever make in your author career. We back this with a hassle-free 30-day money back guarantee!
Regular Price: $997
Special Limited Time Price: $697
(Hurry! Special price expires when the timer runs out.)
Or choose our multi-pay option:
4 Payments of $197 (billed every 30 days for four months)
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed! If for any reason this program isn’t for you, contact us within 30 days of purchase and we will issue you a full refund.
Do you have questions about the course? Prefer to pay directly instead of online? Send us an email and we will respond promptly.