If you’ve ever attended a local writers’ group or conference, you’ve probably noticed that nonfiction authors are often an after-thought at these events. Writers events have traditionally catered primarily to fiction and children’s book authors. The reality is that the market is different for nonfiction. Our readers are different, our marketing tactics are different, and oftentimes our goals are different.
Welcome to the Nonfiction Authors Association
A supportive community for writers who want to make a dent in the universe.
How you can benefit from NFAA membership:
- Feel less alone on this journey. The world of publishing can be overwhelming. Become part of a community whose members have similar goals and a variety of experiences to share.
- Connect with fellow writers. Participate in our online communities on Facebook and LinkedIn where you can ask questions, learn from your peers, and share your own experiences.
- Learn about book publishing options and decide what’s right for you. Our reports and training programs can help you decide between traditional publishing and self-publishing, plus give you step-by-step processes for getting your book in print.
- Access the tools you need to succeed. Download reports, templates, checklists, worksheets and other content from our database, with new content added weekly.
- Gain valuable, real-world insights from publishing industry experts. Participate in our twice-monthly educational teleseminars and access our database of recordings from past teleseminar events. **POPULAR BENEFIT**
- Get visibility with our audience of 100k+. Our “Meet the Members” program means that you can get featured in our blog and promoted to our social media audience of over 100k people. Plus, you can contribute a book announcement to our monthly email round-up up to two times yearly.
- Keep your book marketing wheels turning. Receive weekly marketing “homework” (a short marketing tip) emailed to you every Monday.
- Receive discounts from our partners including IngramSpark, Office Depot, PR Newswire, and ProfNet.
- Attend our events from the comfort of home. Receive discounts off our twice-yearly Nonfiction Writers Conference events, which are conducted entirely online so that you can save on travel costs and participate on your own schedule.
- Receive recognition for your book. Members receive discounts off our year-round Nonfiction Book Awards program.
- Network with fellow writers in person. Participate in local chapters (where available) across the U.S. and in Canada.
- Gain visibility online. Receive a member badge for your website and get featured in our member directory with a free profile.
About Our Members
- Over 15,000 experienced and aspiring writers of business, self-development, health, memoir, history, finance, science, how-to, and other nonfiction genres.
- Many are professionals including business owners, corporate executives, doctors, attorneys, therapists, consultants, and speakers.
- Some are self-published, some are traditionally published, and others are working on a first manuscript.
- Most of our members want to make a difference in the world through their writing and their work.
“I absolutely love all the resources the association offers–the downloads, the teleseminar recordings and the amazing discounts. Though I’ve been an author for many years now, I still find all kinds of new tips and ideas through NFAA. It’s one of the best investments I’ve ever made in my author career!”
– Donna Hartley, Author of the Fire Up Your Life series, DonnaHartley.com
“I consider it a privilege to be a member of the Nonfiction Authors Association. The resources that are available to new and established authors are outstanding. The Nonfiction Writers Conference is always jam packed with great sessions and this year I was invited by one of the panel agents to submit a book proposal during Pitch the Literary Agents! As an up and coming author I find great value in the monthly teleseminars as well. I would encourage anyone who desires to become an established nonfiction author to join the Nonfiction Authors Association–you’ll be glad you did!”
– Akua Carmichael, Author of My Lifeprint
“As a new author, I can’t say enough good things about the wealth of information I’ve received from NFAA. The worksheets and information on specific topics is simply excellent! Thank you so much for the untold hours of research you’ve spared me as well as helping me know what I didn’t know I needed to know!”
– Marcia Grace “Calm, Creative, Joyful: Lessons in Transforming Your Life,” www.marciagrace.com
“I joined the Nonfiction Authors Assoc. about six months ago and I can’t say enough about how helpful all the info is that I receive weekly on everything I need to know as an author. I have just finished a second book and the info on finding agents, on self-publishing, and other valuable tips is extremely helpful.”
– Sandra CH Smith, Author of A Cook’s Tour of Epicuria — One Woman’s Adventures
Launched in May 2013, the Nonfiction Authors Association is the premiere destination for writers who want to make a difference in the world. With over 15,000 members and growing daily, there has never been a better time to become a member of NFAA!